Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vocabulary

Happy Thursday! We started our vocabulary curriculum this week. We use the program called Text Talk. This uses a book that we use for 5 days {a week} and we take Tier 2 words from this book to teach vocabulary words.

This week we read: Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare by Hans de Beer.We read the book, introduce the words throughout the week and discuss examples and non examples of the words.

Check out the words we learned from the book! (frigid, steep, thumped, embarrassed, warn, concern)


As you notice there are tallies by some of the words! We have a challenge! Every time the children use the word throughout the day in the correct context, we get a tally! Check out how many we have already!

Tomorrow is Friday! WAHOOOO! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love, love this! I did my master's degree research on vocabulary development and I remember reading about the text talk format. Nice! Vocabulary development is so very important.
    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Text Talk lessons! I studied it when getting my master's in reading. I have created many lessons and a few are online at TPT. Check them out. There is one on their for free.

    I am following you on pinterest.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete